Such a lucky lady I’m feeling today. I’ve been given the Kreativ Blogger Award by Sam of Two Black Dogs I’ve often admired this logo in other people’s sidebars. Now, if I can just remember how to put it there, I’ll be able to admire my own!
I had a thoroughly good time reading the blogs of my fellow nominees and have made some lovely new friends, so thank you Sam, both for the award and for putting me in such good company. Sam blogs very appealingly about dogs (of course!) and “other things she loves”, so off you go and take a look.
As is traditional, I now have to share 7 things about me, and nominate 7 other Kreativ bloggers.
1. “Can we just go to the NEXT corner?” has been my gambit on family holidays for years. They’re ahead of me now though, and usually either turn back when it suits them or sit down, pointedly, and wait.
2. My need to try something new when presented with a menu has led to some serious disappointments. Starving hungry one evening in Italy I looked aghast at a dish of sea creatures in their shells sitting in a dish of tomato sauce. Not my kind of thing at all, Michael with his “safe” choice smugly looked on while I dipped bread in the sauce. Much worse the time I walked him and son James for miles across Lisbon, seeking out a recommended Chinese restaurant. We passed several and each time they would stop, eye up the menu, and say “this one looks ok”. Not good enough, it had to be this specific restaurant, so when I ordered crab curry they definitely had the last laugh when I was presented with a bowl full of legs, and couldn’t eat a bite!
3. I’m a pretty average cook, and fly into a complete panic if I have to entertain.
4. Still talking culinary, we’ve had a barbecue at the house in Tavira for 8 years and only ever used it once! I’m clueless and Michael is completely disinterested in donning a pinny.
5. I must get some things right, I guess, because my lady friends and me have been hosting monthly “girl’s nights” for 40 years, and they still all turn up when it’s my turn to cook (or maybe they’re too inebriated to mind).
6. I was brought up largely by my maternal grandmother, long since deceased, bless her. Mam and Dad went their separate ways when I was quite small.
7. I have two amazingly talented and gifted children. Lisa has appeared before in my blog pages. She can sew anything, basques and Victorian costumes included, and I can’t wait to see the creation she comes up with for her wedding gown. James doesn’t sew, but he’s a mean guitarist!
This goes back such a long way- I don’t have many of the two of them together
Talking about gifted and talented people, I’m now going to turn my attention to a tag that was passed to me by Vicky…the Northern Chicky. The pretty red tag above is her design, and if you follow the link you will see that she has presented me with some quite difficult questions. I have to choose one to answer from eleven options, and then pose eleven new questions to my unsuspecting candidates.
Like myself, Vicky has Polish ancestry, but there the similarities end. She lives in the USA with 5 children, and is contemplating a life changing move- compulsive reading!
Vicky’s questions were:
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
- What is the most defining moment of your life thus far?
- Is it more important to love or be loved?
- What’s the one thing you’d like others to remember about you at the end of your life?
- What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget?
- Are you happy with yourself?
- What is your most prized possession?
- In your lifetime, what have you done that hurt someone else?
- Right now, at this moment, what do you want most?
- What’s something most people don’t know about you?
- Who would you like to forgive?
Some big issues, huh? But I’ve done enough soul searching in this post already (and probably bored you witless) so I’m going to make a flippant choice.
What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
My answer is going to be “Six word Saturday”! My six words are almost always illustrated by a gallery of photographs. It has been pointed out to me that I should rename my posts “Six photo Saturday”, but Cate of Show my Face gave us carte blanche to adapt our own style. Travel is my passion and I can loose myself for hours in photos of our amazingly beautiful world. You know what this is leading up to, don’t you? I can never resist a few more photos of Portugal.
Casa de Alte
Water feature powered by the Fonte- the young uns love it!
Can anyone identify, please?
“Scarecrow” image, traditional on May Day
Church roof in Alte
Are you still with me? Here are my nominees for the Kreativ Blogger award.
Wonderful photography, interesting ideas, talented people- that’s what you’ll find.
Now for my 11 questions :
1. Which place would you most like to visit, and why?
2. In my next incarnation, I would like to be…?
3. Which person from history would you most like to meet and why?
4. What has been the most exciting experience you have ever had?
5. Have you a life lesson that you would like to share?
6. The best meal I ever had was…?
7. What changes would you most want to implement if you were a leading politician?
8. The best holiday I ever had was…?
9. The quality I most admire in a friend is…?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
11. Do you have a favourite walk, and if so where?
I’m taking a leaf out of Vicky’s book and tagging the people who comment most regularly on my blog. If you happen to be reading this and fancy making a post out of any of these questions, you’re very welcome to join in. Consider yourself “tagged” if you’re on this list.
Hasn’t this been a marathon? I daren’t even think about Francine’s “Sisterhood Award”. I’m off now to notify everybody. Cheery-bye!